By Santideva, Vesna A. Wallace, Visit Amazon's B. Alan Wallace Page, search results, Learn about Author Central, B. Alan Wallace,
Within the entire of the Tibetan Buddhist culture, there is not any unmarried treatise extra deeply respected or greatly practiced than A advisor to the Bodhisattva manner of Life. Composed within the 8th century via the Indian Bodhisattva Santideva, it turned an immediate vintage within the curricula of the Buddhist monastic universities of India, and its renown has grown ever on account that. Santideva offers how you can harmonize one's existence with the Bodhisattva perfect and conjures up the reader to domesticate the perfections of the Bodhisattva: generosity, ethics, endurance, zeal, meditative focus, and knowledge.
Read Online or Download A Guide to the Bodhisattva Way of Life PDF
Similar tibetan books
An illuminating examine key elements of Tibetan Buddhist perform - of curiosity to many practitioners - is gifted during this functional and fascinating e-book. via demonstrating the interrelationship of the outer, internal and mystery teachings and a textual research of the phrases of 4 popular Dzogchen yogis, it makes transparent that the perform of Bodhichitta is an important point of each perform inside of Tibetan Buddhism.
The genuine try of our Buddhist perform occurs no longer at the cushion or within the safe house of retreat, yet moment-to-moment in way of life, rather once we locate ourselves in uncomfortable occasions. How can we reply? during this booklet, some of the most revered Western figures of up to date Buddhism, Jetsunma Tenzin Palmo, bargains insights gleaned from greater than 40 years of engagement with Buddhist perform.
Right here in a single compact quantity are the entire levels of guideline at the direction of Mahamudra. incorporated are concise and whole formal directions at the flooring direction and fruition of this penetrating perform. This mammoth and profound remark originates with the 8th Situpa, a outstanding student and practitioner who's thought of the main finished of the entire Situ emanations
- Skillful Grace: Tara Practice for Our Times
- Mahamudra: The Quintessence of Mind and Meditation
- The Tibetan Book of the Dead: Or The After-Death Experiences on the Bardo Plane, according to Lama Kazi Dawa-Samdup's English Rendering
- An Account of Tibet: The Travels of Ippolito Desideri of Pistoia, S.J. 1712- 1727 (Broadway Travellers)
- Buddhahood in This Life: The Great Commentary by Vimalamitra
Extra resources for A Guide to the Bodhisattva Way of Life
One does not object when the body is being dragged here and there by vultures coveting its flesh. Then why do so now? 60. Mind, why do you protect this body, appropriating it as your own? If it is really separate from you, what good is it to you? 61. O fool, if you do not consider as your own a pure wooden statue, why are you guarding this foul machine composed of impurities? 62. First, with your own intellect, peel off this sheath of skin, and with the knife of wisdom loosen the flesh from the skeleton.
76. " 77. " 44 A GU ID E TO THE BODHISATTVA WAY OF LIFE 42. Without knowing my own limitations, I spoke at that time as if I were a bit insane. 78 43. 79 44. 80 45. Even if exiled, an enemy may acquire a residence and followers in another country whence he returns with his full strength. 81 46. Once the affliction that dwells in my mind has been expelled, where would it go, and where would it rest and attempt to de stroy me? Feeble in spirit, I am lacking in perseverance. 82 47. Mental afflictions do not exist in sense objects, nor in the sense faculties, nor in the space between, nor anywhere else.
59. " 60. " 61. " 62. " A D O P T IN G THE SPIRIT OF A W A K E N IN G 37 31. It is the great sun dispelling the darkness of the world's igno rance. It is the fresh butter formed from churning the milk of Dharma. 32. 63 33. Today I invite the world to Sugatahood and temporal happi ness. May the gods, asuras, and others rejoice in the presence of all the Protectors! 63. " Chapter IV A ttending to the Spirit of A w akening64 1. Thus, upon firmly adopting the Spirit of Awakening, a Child of the Jinas should always vigilantly strive not to neglect his training.
A Guide to the Bodhisattva Way of Life by Santideva, Vesna A. Wallace, Visit Amazon's B. Alan Wallace Page, search results, Learn about Author Central, B. Alan Wallace,